Publicat in Acte oficiale
Primirea de noi membri si clasificarile Rotary International
How to Propose a New Member for the Rotary Club?
Every Rotarian has the privilege and obligation to seek qualified members. In this way, all club members can help their clubs achieve a full representation of the business and professional life of the community.
Membership is the means to accomplish Rotary’s mission and goal.
Do it today!
Summary of Membership Provisions for New Members
General Qualifications — Rotarians are adults of good character and good business or professional reputation, who hold or have held an executive position with discretionary authority in any worthy and recognized business or profession.
Active Membership —Active members must meet the above qualifications, as well as live or work within the club’s locality or surrounding area.
Honorary Membership —People who have distinguished themselves by meritorious service in the furtherance of Rotary ideals may be elected to honorary membership.
Classification —Each active member of a Rotary club is classified in accordance with the member’s business or profession. A classification describes the principal and recognized activity of the firm with which an active member is connected or the member’s principal and recognized business or professional activity. The club shall not elect a person to active membership from a classification if the club already has five or more members from that classification, unless the club has more than 50 members, in which case, the club may elect a person to active membership in a classification so long as it will not result in the classification making up more than 10% of the club’s active membership. Retired members require a classification but are not included in a club’s total number for each classification. (See the attached list for Rotary classifications)
NOTE — Holders of public office. Persons elected or appointed to public office for a specified time are not eligible for active membership under the classification of such office, except persons elected or appointed to the judiciary or educational offices.
- The prospective member’s name is submitted to the board of directors.
- The board ensures that the person is fully qualified and approves or disapproves the proposal within 30 days.
- The proposer is notified of the decision by the club secretary. NOTE: Until approval is granted, prospective members should not be informed that they havebeen proposed for membership.
- After approval has been announced, the prospective member is fully informed of privileges, expectations and responsibilities of club membership.
- He or she is then asked to complete the proposal form and give written permission to publish his or her name and proposed classification to the club membership.
- If no objections to the proposal are received within seven days following the publication of the name, that person, upon payment of an admission fee, is a new Rotarian.
- The club secretary sends a completed new member report form to Rotary International as recommended by Rotary Club Bylaws or submits the new member’s name via www.rotary.org.
ATENTIE: Daca nu aveti instalata pe calculatorul d-voastra aplicatia Adobe Acrobat puteti vizualiza raportul in conditii optime dor prin instalarea acestui plugin care este distribuit in mod gratuit de catre Adobe si poate fi descarcat de AICI: http://get.adobe.com/reader/